Is anxiety keeping you from living the life that you long to be living? Does it feel like your fears have been taking control of you by limiting what you do and where you go?
If this sounds like you, I can help. As a cognitive therapist, I am well-versed in evidence-based treatments for anxiety disorders, such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, that can help you regain control over your life.
Common symptoms of anxiety include the following:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or muscle tension
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
When it comes to anxiety disorders, research shows that CBT is the most effective treatment approach. You’ll learn skills for coping with your anxiety and develop a new relationship with those related physical sensations that until now have been so frightening. Therapy can help to uncover and challenge the underlying thoughts contributing to your fears and worries, provide you with powerful tools for managing your anxiety when it arises, encourage you to look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and help you to develop better coping and problem-solving skills.